[sugar-sur] [IAEP] Sugar Labs 2017 Budget

Caryl Bigenho cbigenho en hotmail.com
Vie Feb 24 13:51:29 EST 2017

Hello Again....

The "Badge" proposal is a totally inappropriate use of SL funds and could result in litigation and the possible end of SugarLabs.

I suggest a call for project proposals be done before raiding the "cookie jar" and leaving SL destitute and powerless with nothing left in the coffers (in a short 2 years). Samson has submitted a few proposals in the past and I submitted one for Sugarizer Primero last summer. These are the sort of things that the cash reserves should be used for. Paying a select few a large monthly stipend because "they need it" is a totally improper use of SL funds and could end up in court.

Instead, why don't some of these people propose projects that fall within the stated purpose of SugarLabs? The SLOB can vote on them according to their merits and approve or not.

Caryl

P.S. I did not put any funding for myself in my project proposal. The money needed would go to educators in Uruguay, programmers in France and wherever else Lionel finds them, documentation writers and translators from many countries and educators in many countries to test the product in any country, and a PR person to get the word out by sending reps to places where they can show the merits of Sugarizer (Primero) to educators and other stakeholders around the world. I would oversee the whole thing for free (except possibly some occasional travel expenses and entrance or visa fees).

P.P.S. I know Samson could have a good proposal ... or perhaps he could oversee the translation teams for mine. Walter probably has some in mind as well. Let's get the vision, goals and objectives in hand before progressing any further.