[sugar-sur] Funds/Marketing

Laura Vargas laura en somosazucar.org
Mar Feb 14 11:39:01 EST 2017

Hi all! Hola a todos!

I'm happy to share with everybody there has been an initiative by Samson
supported by the board to come with a* Funding and Marketing Plan for Sugar
Labs!*

Please confirm if there is someone already working on such or similar Plan?

Because we need to document better, I believe, our Marketing and Funding
Plan should take us in the road to by default support community needs while
developing artistic communication elements.

Summarizing the best I can last year's discussion about Marketing, Samson
and Ibiam agreed with "*We should be able to speak about Sugar deployments
as we now speak about OLPC deployments. Sugar should be available for PCs
and mobile devices with xo being considered as one of the supported
environments" *Tony Anderson's idea. I agree too.

Summarizing also the best I can, every year need of funding, it has become
clear Sugar Labs Project basically requires:

[1] To sponsor any motivated, active individuals in need to continue doing
the best they can to support our mission.

[2] To make sure our servers are safe and our systems are distributed.

We are here requesting all contributions from past, present and future
members! we know we are all here because we ♥libre-software, have good
intentions and a noble cause.

As I see it, the first step is that we all agree if we work this
documentation in the wiki or on a shared pad.

Sorry for the long email! Blessings and regards :D

Laura Victoria