[sugar-sur] 2017-2019 Sugar Labs Oversight Board Election - Stage I Call for candidates #1

Laura Vargas laura en somosazucar.org
Mar Ago 15 02:22:27 EDT 2017

Hello all! Hola a todos!

Sugar Lab's Elections and Membership Committee announces the upcoming
*2017-2019
Sugar Labs Oversight Board Election
<https://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_Labs/Governance/Elections_2017>. *

*F**our (4) Oversight Board members shall be elected for the Sugar Labs
Oversight Board project for the 2017-2019 period.**This is the first call
for candidates: *

The mission of the oversight board is to ensure that the Sugar Labs
community has clarity of purpose and the means to collaborate in achieving
its goals.

*Members <https://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_Labs/Members> can run for
election to the Oversight Board
<https://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Oversight_Board> and vote in the elections
for the Oversight Board. Once e*lected, board members are expected to
participate actively on Sugar Labs decision making processes and join
Sugar-meeting IRC channel for SLOB's monthly meetings.

*Candidates Submission:Candidates should create one wiki entry per
candidate on the Sugar Labs Wiki page Candidates' Wiki submissions
<https://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_Labs/Governance/Elections_2017#Candidates>
with 1500 characters maximum length, sharing their vision and motivation
before September 15, 2017. Important dates: Stage I August 15, Announcement
of election dates  and first call for candidates. (Today)Stage II August
30, Reminder of election date and second call for candidates. Stage III
September 15, Candidates' Wiki submissions
<https://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_Labs/Governance/Elections_2017#Candidates>
deadline. Stage IV October 1-15 Election. *

Hope to see many candidates this year!

*Membership and Elections Committee *