[sugar-sur] Fwd: [Edu-sig] Need support/volunteers for the upcoming Python Education Summit...

Laura Vargas laura en somosazucar.org
Lun Ene 12 12:12:25 EST 2015

FYI
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Chalmer Lowe <chalmer.lowe en gmail.com>
Date: 2014-12-14 3:05 GMT-05:00
Subject: [Edu-sig] Need support/volunteers for the upcoming Python
Education Summit...
To: "edu-sig en python.org" <edu-sig en python.org>

Dear edu-sig mailing list:

We are gearing up for the next Python Education Summit in April 2015. There
are a number of things to do between now and then. We are looking for
interested volunteers to support these types of activities:

Now:
* Identification and outreach to potential Keynote Speaker(s).
* Publicity (author/issue tweets, blog posts, etc)
* Management of the Call for Proposals process (help track submissions -
notify selected speakers/not-selected speakers)
* etc

On the day of the Summit
* Ushers/go-fers
* 2nd Emcee (for our second track in the afternoon)
* etc

If you are interested in helping, please feel free to reach out, offline,
to me (chalmer.lowe en gmail.com) and Jessica Nickel (Jessanickel en gmail.com)

I plan on setting up weekly hangout sessions to discuss our progress, talk
over ideas, etc.

chalmer lowe
Chair, Python Education Summit

Laura V.