[somos-azucar] [IAEP] Gamification in Sugar Network

STEPHEN JACOBS itprofjacobs en gmail.com
Jue Jun 7 07:14:27 EDT 2012

The documentation doesn't really address the context, purpose, goals or implementation of gamification beyond the fact that there should be hooks in the sugar network to support it.

The seemingly arbitrary metaphor (sun, star, moon etc ) and the reference to points suggests that this is abstracted away from what the user actually does in the system as does the reference to points without a discussion of what they are for or how they work.

Research shows that Gamification that is not thoughtfully designed and implemented  may have a bump of interest in the short term but gets ignored, becomes an annoyance, or actually a disincentive to participation in the longer term.

IMO, If the Sugar community wants this network to be gamified it needs more thinking and design work before that functionality is implemented.

Sent from my iPhone