[somos-azucar] From Ryan Letada // eKindling and visiting XO Laptop deployments in Cusco

Laura Vargas laura en somosazucar.org
Lun Ago 27 13:05:24 EDT 2012

Hi Ryan!

Thanks for getting in contact with SomosAzucar; we also have good
intentions and the sexy dream to save the world :D

Our current goal involves articulating allies, strategies and tools in
order to promote and facilitate the use of the 800K+ XO machines deployed
in Perú; specifically, we have been working on the development of a
decentralized support and content exchange network within the OS of Sugar.
Please visit our blog and wiki for detailed information about the "Red
Azúcar".

Great to hear about your work in the rural Philippines, hopefully you will
find some time to share here in the list, some experiences we can learn
from.

Regarding your visit to Cusco, there are some teachers in the list that may
be able to assist you. Please confirm if speak some Spanish so we can send
an open call to them.

Best regards and have a great trip!

2012/8/27 Ryan Letada <rletada en gmail.com>

> Hi all,
>
> I hope all is well. Kiko from Escuela Lab mentioned that I should contact
> this listserve.
>
> I'm Ryan Letada - co founder of eKindling, a non-profit in the Philippines
> that brings learning technologies (XO Laptops/OLPC) to rural schools in the
> Philippines. I'm currently  based in New York City. You can learn more
> about me here: TEDxYouth Talk <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DmsdCy2_oE>
> .
>
> I`m going to be in Cuzco on Holiday tomorrow (Tuesday) and Friday. One of
> my goals is to visit an OLPC deployment school and see it in action for
> myself. Also, I would love to meet with forward thinking individuals. This
> would make my trip more meaningful beyond the usual tourist activites. I
> want to learn :)
>
> Any guidance here would be group. It would be great if someone can help me
> coordinate.
>
> Thanks so much and I look forward to connecting and hearing from you,
>
> Ryan
>
> --
> Ryan Letada
> FB <http://www.facebook.com/rletada> | @rletada<http://www.twitter.com/rletada> |