[somos-azucar] Aleksey's Benefits Request

Laura Vargas laura en somosazucar.org
Vie Abr 13 16:06:48 EDT 2012

2012/4/11 Aleksey Lim <alsroot en sugarlabs.org>

> [...]
> > > how I see them (fix me if I'm wrong):
> > >
> > > * Escuelab Puno
> > >  funds for processing Puno pilot
> >

> > As for Escuelab Puno, this is an incorporated NGO, not a SL Perú project
> > and not under the supervision of the Board.
> >
> > There are many members of the SL Perú community located in the region of
> > Puno, some of them will be playing active roles in Hexoquinasa Project
> > Pilot and therefore they are considered in Hexoquinasa's Financial Plan.
>
> But Escuelab Puno was created exactly to process Puno deployment(s),
> and if I got the last SL Peru meeting right, the agreement was that
> Escuelab Puno is part of global Peruvian community (thus, a part of SL
> Peru)
> and there is an intention to work within the one effort (as one of SL Peru
> projects) on Puno pilot of Hexoquinasa project?
>
> In other words, Escuelab Puno, to successfully process Puno pilot, needs
> to request funds from SL Peru Board, i.e., create funding request ticket
> when it needs to mention the timeline for finding, the purpose of
> finding, the benefits for SL Peru community, and how to revise results
> (as all other projects, i.e., Hexoquinasa and Harmonic Distribution).
>
> > * Harmonic Distribution
> > >  funds for releasing the first candidate (v0.3) that will be used as
> > >  a basis for Hexoquinasa distribution to use in Puno pilot
> > >

> > Harmonic Distribution in not a SL Perú project either, instead we have
> > allocated your contribution (as Upstream Developer) within the
> Hexoquinasa
> > Financial Plan.
>
> Keeping in mind the whole this thread, I can only repeat myself. Why global
> SL funding workflow is broken (and SL Peru does not take into account all
> lessons, at least from my pov) is because:
>
> * the full process is not well represented for community
>  (on ML and Wiki)
> * the funding strategy is not-clear/absent-at-all for all community
>  participants
>
> Since the process (SL Peru) started as a community driven process (not a
> process of close group of people), the clear picture about whats going
> on and for what reason, and how it is turned to the current status,
> is critically important. It is similar to how ideal state government should
> happen: the citizens are not being managed by the government, but
> citizens hired managers to better manage existing funds (in the name of
> citizens themselves). It should not happen (how it happens in my country
> at least) because managers assure citizens that they (managers) do
> everything right, but because the whole process is transparent and
> everyone can monitor it.
>
> What I see right now (from spreadsheet), Hexoquinasa is not a local
> project,
> it behaves like the only project within the SL Peru (I guess the
> original conflict with Escuelab Puno was exactly due to situation like
> that). Keeping all things in one place make it really messy and bad

Granted. We will clearly separate Hexoquinasa's Production from
Hexoquinasa's Pilots.

* well document each [sub]project

We (the somos azúcar team) can only take responsibility (as for now) for
Hexoquinasa's Production.

> * expose the roadmap/timeline for each [sub]projects

We are learning to make documentation. Hopefully we will be improving with
practice.

> * clearly say who is responsible for processing each [sub]projects

Agree.

* and how to revise each [sub]project's results

Agree.

> From the technical (not people) point of view, it might be:
>
> * developing Harmonic Distribution candidate
>  goal: the technical basis for Hexoquinasa distribution
>  responsibility: alsroot
>  timeline: HD-0.3 until June
>  funds needed: ...

+1

> * developing Hexoquinasa candidate
>  goal: complete product to support edu deployments
>  responsibility: icarito, kameetza
>  timeline: Hexoquinasa-0.3 until June
>  funds needed: ...
>
> +1

> * processing Sugar Camp Puno (Escuelab Puno)
>  goal: complete i18n, mobilize people that will take part in Puno, make
> sure that Hexoquinasa candidate works
>  responsibility: david, eleazar, neyder
>  timeline: ...
>  funds needed: ...

This is not confirmed at this point. Edgar Quispe and other members of SL
community (that are not Escuelab Puno) are willing to perform as well.

* train chaski (Escuelab Puno)
>  goal: train people who will provide tech support to one-teachers schools
>  responsibility: david, eleazar, neyder
>  timeline: ...
>  funds needed: ...

This is not confirmed at this point either. So far, Icarito is taking
responsibility for this as well.

* ...