[somos-azucar] Regarding the formalization request from Somos Azucar

Sebastian Silva sebastian en somosazucar.org
Sab Dic 24 18:37:10 EST 2011

[ as per http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_Labs#Information I am
sharing this information with the community because it needs not be
confidential ].

Dear Bradley,
I thank you for taking the time in these holidays to write to us in such
detail
about our request. I'm providing the documentation available at the time
about
Puno Pilot Project including a brief, budget and the draft contract between
Escuelab Puno and the Municipality of Puno.

Here is an draft of the project as documented by our team:
http://pe.sugarlabs.org/go/Proyecto_Piloto_Hexoquinasa

Here is a draft of a budget:
http://tinyurl.com/hexoquinasa-budget
please note it's in Nuevos Soles ( 1PEN ~ 0.37USD)

Here is a draft of the agreement:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mkVIjfHBMLq_Kzkb3bASMa7EAn48WsQfy8N5ccHOwsA/edit

I am attaching these documents, /however/ I don't think this should be
necessary.

Sugar Labs should be able to acknowledge the work SomosAzucar.Org has
been doing the past 3 years.
After all this time we've found a sustainability model for working in
deploying Sugar.
In this project, 6 members of our team would be assigned a budget of
1500 soles (557USD) for expenses.
This will barely cover costs. If anyone thinks this is this is unfair or
a conflict of interest I would like to learn
why. I see no shame in this, but am honored to be sustaining 6 families
while extending Sugar and Free
Software adoption and development.

This recognition is requested by the Municipality of Puno to certify we
are valid articulators with the
Sugar Labs community, because this is part of the role we're proposing
for ourselves.

Please you could maybe rewrite this letter in a way that does not bind
the SFC but recognizes our work?
Thank you and happy solstice,

Sebastian