[Sugar-devel] Does Sugar on XO-1 support Python 3?

James Simmons nicestep at gmail.com
Thu Mar 14 10:59:29 EDT 2024

One of the tasks in the deployment checklist is to use Browse to install
the updated Activity and see if it works. I decided to dig out my XO-1 and
update it to the latest version of Sugar and use Gmail to send my .xo files
to the laptop for installation. I discovered two things:

1. The Browse Activity cannot log into Gmail because it disables cookies.
The version of Browse I can run on Fedora does not have this problem.

2. When I copy the .xo files from a USB drive to the Journal they install
OK but don't start. No messages whatsoever in the Log Activity, but empty
files are created for messages.

It looks like you cannot get a version of Sugar using Python 3 for an XO-1
laptop.

Thanks,

James Simmons