[Sugar-devel] Sugar Commander release checklist

James Simmons nicestep at gmail.com
Sun Mar 10 18:20:06 EDT 2024

I did a simple update of this Activity to make it run under Python 3.

Checklist - maintainer

* check version of latest tarball release in
download.sugarlabs.org/sources/sucrose/fructose/ or
download.sugarlabs.org/sources/honey/,

    No tarball release for this Activity.

* check for a release version git tag, e.g. v34,

    There were no Git tags seen for this Activity

*  correlate with activity_version metadata in activity/activity.info,

    Updated to version 11.

*  look for commits after any of these, in either;
        master branch of repository at sugarlabs,
        any other branches,
        any other forks,
        orphaned repositories with the same bundle_id value, using GitHub
or Google Search,
        deprecated repositories at git.sugarlabs.org,

    Nothing like this found.

* review and merge all pull requests,

    No other pull requests.

* apply all desired commits, making pull requests if review is needed,

    Done. I made a new branch for the PR for release notes.

* apply any translate.sugarlabs.org changes, e.g. using a download script,
    if there is a po/*.pot file, regenerate using python setup.py genpot,
review the changes, and commit,
    notify our translation-community manager @leonardcj if the POT file
changes contain new or changed strings,

    No translated strings were affected by this update.

* update the README.md file if necessary,

    Not needed. No changes in functionality.

* write release notes for the NEWS file, change the activity_version
metadata in activity/activity.info, commit, and git tag the version,

    Done

* update the activity documentation in the help-activity repository,

    Not needed. The Activity works the same as it always did.

* for activities that include a tarball release, or where Fedora or Debian
packages may be made, create a tarball using python setup.py dist_source,
and upload tarball to download.sugarlabs.org using shell account,

    I have no such account. I don't do enough Activity development to
justify having one.

* create bundle using python setup.py dist_xo, and test that it can be
installed by Browse,

    I have not tested this.

* rebase any other maintained branches or pull requests, such as those for
past or future versions of Python, or past releases of Fedora, Ubuntu or
libraries.

    No other pull requests.

* for Python 3 Activities, copy the bundle to ~activities-v4/bundles,
remove any other old versions of the bundle from ~activities-v4/bundles,
and trigger a rebuild of the static site using rebuild-aslo command, verify
if your bundle is visible on https://v4.activities.sugarlabs.org . For more
information, it is recommended to take a look at the Activities4 wiki page

   I don't think this is something I have the ability to do.

Thanks,

James Simmons