[Sugar-devel] Proposal for Integrating Flipbook Animation App with Sugar

Krish Pandya krishpandya93 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 28 11:59:07 EDT 2024

Dear Sugar Labs Team,

I hope this message finds you well. I am Krish Pandya an undergraduate from
IIIT Hyderabad. I am writing to propose an integration of my application
with the Sugar learning platform.

I have developed an application called eMagazineK
<https://emagazinek.vercel.app/>, which allows users to collaborate with
friends to create flipbook animations. You can find the repository here: GitHub
Repository <https://github.com/MostlyKIGuess/emagazinek>.
Overview

eMagazineK is a web app that enables users to join or create rooms based on
their preferences to collaboratively create animation frames in real-time
with friends. Additionally, users can query an Image Generation model for
more inspiration.
Features

   - *Generative AI Assistance*: Utilizes Hugging Face models to generate
   images from text.
   - *Collaborative Editing*: Work with friends in real-time to create
   flipbooks together using socket.io connections.
   - *Chat Functionality*: Provides a live chat feature within the same
   room for better communication along with real-time on-canvas drawings.

Currently, due to server limitations, the application experiences some
performance issues. I am confident that the robust infrastructure of Sugar
can handle it more efficiently. I am willing to provide the entire codebase
and work closely with your team to make sure there is smooth integration.

As a strong advocate for Free and Open Source Software (FOSS), I admire the
initiatives Sugar Labs has taken to advance education. And I would be glad
if I can contribute to Sugar Labs.

Thank you for considering my proposal. I look forward to the possibility of
collaborating with you.

Best regards,

Krish Pandya