[Sugar-devel] Willing to Contribute through GSoC

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Thu Feb 22 01:36:00 EST 2024

That's fairly difficult to predict.  Nothing about your skill map has
anything unique to open source.

I suggest you pick Sugarizer, Sugar, or Music Blocks.  Identify the
software license in whatever you have picked.

Then read the license, and if English is not your first language read
a translation of the license.  That will give you an idea of the scope
of work that we consider "open source".

Next, work towards writing, testing, and debugging open source
software, see http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/hacker-howto.html "Status
in the Hacker Culture".

For Sugar, which is based on Python, the document we maintain as
guidance to contributing is at
https://github.com/sugarlabs/sugar-docs/blob/master/src/contributing.md

Other software may have other guidance.