[Sugar-devel] Celebrating forty years of the GNU Project: "Hackday" on October 1, including Music Blocks workshop

Devin Ulibarri devinu at fsf.org
Tue Sep 12 15:32:30 EDT 2023

Hi,

This year, we are celebrating forty years of the GNU operating system
(which btw is the OS that the OLPC runs).

This means forty years of freedom, hacking, source code, sharing,
studying (source code), and modifying!

There will be two main events: one in Boston, MA (USA) on October 1 and
one in Biel/Bienne, Switzerland on September 27.

At the event in Boston, I'll be leading a couple Music Blocks workshops
live in person, which should be fun. There will also be an introduction
to the command line workshop and a GNU Boot installation workshop. For
the little ones, there will be face painting. Light refreshments will be
served. We expect it to be an overall fun event for all ages and
experience levels.

If you know someone who might be interested, please forward the invite
and encourage them to register.

Full details:
* Boston event on October 1: https://www.fsf.org/events/gnu40/
* Switzerland event on September 27: https://www.gnu.org/gnu40/
* Registration https://my.fsf.org/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=127

Cheers!
Devin

--
Devin Ulibarri // Outreach & Communications Coordinator
Free Software Foundation

GPG Key: 005D 0372 4A11 C08A 5A35 3D2C 906D B6E3 98AA 6CF6
What's GPG? See https://emailselfdefense.fsf.org/ for more info.