[Sugar-devel] Draft proposal GSoC 2023 - Improve and maintain 13 sugar activities

Chihurumnaya Ibiam ibiam at sugarlabs.org
Fri Mar 31 10:59:40 EDT 2023

Hi Riya,

Thanks for sharing, the project idea you're referring to is "Improve and
maintain 12 sugar activities" not "Improve and maintain 13 sugar
activities".

I think the time taken to complete, score, and high score features should
be optional so as not to remove the fun from the game for some kids that
timing the thing
they do puts pressure on.
You can have a button in the toolbar for these that's insensitive by
default and these features only work when they're sensitive.

Ball and brick activity: Powerups sound awesome!

Block-party-activity: "Score fixing" what do you think is a great way for
this to affect the score, say a number of lines equal what score to be
added?

Falabracman activity: I don't think the randomness should be fixed as it
teaches an important lesson of things having an end and that's also how the
game session ends.
What can be done though is to increase the difficulty by adding more
obstacles as the game goes on and pushing back on when the game ends.

Math hurdler activity: What do you think would be an ideal point difference
between the difficult levels?
You point out what you think is wrong with the UI but nothing about if and
how you intend to do anything about it.

Sonic Jump: You mention redesigning the UI but no images of the old vs the
new.

Mancala activity: Is collaboration working fine, did you test it?

Hope this helps!

--

Ibiam Chihurumnaya
ibiam at sugarlabs.org