[Sugar-devel] GSoC 2023 proposal review — Zhengnan Ma

Chihurumnaya Ibiam ibiam at sugarlabs.org
Tue Mar 28 14:56:26 EDT 2023

Thanks for sharing, the core goal of the project isn't to port just two
popular activities to flatpak - they are already on flatpak but
porting them to pygame 2.0 would make them work on flatpak as they
currently don't work as expected -.

There's a PR <https://github.com/sugarlabs/GSoC/pull/183> to specify the
number of activities and it's still open.

"Before moving on to packaging, we need to make sure that activity/
activity.info file has all the required fields which means we need to add
missing information that is required for packaging."

What fields are missing?

"The aim in Coding Phase 1 is to make a deep research on what’s new in
pygame-2.0, fix the known bugs in the source code and add new features to
the applications."

What new features would you be adding?

--

Ibiam Chihurumnaya