[Sugar-devel] Eager to work in fixing the UI of sugarizer.

Alex Perez aperez at alexperez.com
Fri Mar 10 13:48:03 EST 2023

Anuj,

I appreciate your enthusiasm, and welcome. Before any UI re-design would
be considered, we would require detailed written analysis of what the
goals are for such a re-design, what's "wrong" with the current design,
and what your qualifications are for making what are largely subjective
changes. While everyone has opinions on UI design, engineers are often
infamous for designing awful user interfaces. Please share with us what
sorts qualifications you possess that would qualify you to make UI
design changes to Sugar/Sugarizer.

Have you ever used Sugar for more than a few hours, or a day? If so,
which elements do you feel should be changed? If you have not used Sugar
extensively, I would argue that you likely lack sufficient experience to
propose such changes.

The Sugar/Sugarizer UI was primarily designed for children of a specific
age range. Almost all design decisions stem from that basic premise.
Have you considered this?

Regards,
Alex Perez