[Sugar-devel] Sugarizer Security & Availability - Meeting: 3rd June 2021.

Jaikishan Brijwani jaikishanbrijwani at gmail.com
Thu Jun 3 11:03:55 EDT 2021

Hi all, I hope you all are doing great and are in the pink of health.
Today, I had my second meeting with Michaël & Nikhil. We had discussions
about work items from the last week which basically includes.*Tasks done in
week 2:*
Explore the repositories even more to get the nick of what and where the
changes are to be made.

Fixed both issues:-
1. Password issue:- issue reference:- #22
<https://github.com/NikhilM98/sugarizer-school-portal-server/issues/22>
Tasks done:-

   1. Work on Password Strength issue:-

   - Updated the regex to allow special characters {even the non-native
   English ones}
   - Used zxcbn <https://github.com/dropbox/zxcvbn> for password strength
   estimation.
   - Enhanced the UI for:-
   - -1. strength estimation features of zxcvbn accordingly.
   - -2. added a new feature for confirming the password entered.
   - Allow users to sign up only if both passwords match.

PR:- #32
<https://github.com/NikhilM98/sugarizer-school-portal-server/pull/32>2.
There was a minor bug that caused test cases to fail, I have identified the
cause of the bug and will propose a fix for the same.*Problems experienced
last week:*
Faced no problems as such it was just that I had to improve my code quality
so that it's tantamount to the existing code-base. My mentor Nikhil Mehra
helped me throughout here.*To-Dos for week 3:*
Add delete database feature in SSP server to delete the deployment database.
Update the server dependencies.Next meeting is scheduled for next Thursday.
Regards,
Jaikishan Brijwani