[Sugar-devel] linux.conf.au 2021

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Sun Jan 31 22:11:58 EST 2021

Talks and keynotes from linux.conf.au 2021 are being uploaded.

https://yewtu.be/channel/UCciKHCG06rnq31toLTfAiyw

I attended the conference remote along with everyone else.  What I've
seen so far that I can recommend for Sugar Labs members;

* keynotes by Cory Doctorow, Limor Fried (Adafruit) and Omoju Miller
  (GitHub).

* a talk by Neil McGovern, director of the GNOME Foundation, on a
  patent suit,

* a talk by Sumana Harihareswara, on how to get a project unstuck and
  fixing the skill gaps that got us here,

* by Katie Bell, "What even is code? Building a non-code coding
  interface"

* by Robin Willison, a tour of the Adelaide Makerspace, an adult
  learning environment,

* by Mars Buttfield-Addison, "Radio Astronomy for Programmers",
  dealing with unusual graphics coordinate systems,

* by Jeremy Kerr, "Server platforms: experiment with your expensive
  hardware too!",

* by Paul Gardner-Stephen, "Digital Sovereignty: We need devices we
  truly own more than ever",

* by Sanchayan Maity, "What's next for Bluetooth in PulseAudio?"

--
James Cameron
https://quozl.linux.org.au/