[Sugar-devel] WANT TO CONTRIBUTE TO SUGAR LABS FOR GSOC 2021

Jui Pradhan juipradhan2k at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 08:31:41 EST 2021

Hi,
I will try to list the few ways I use to test. Also whichever way you use,
I recommend mentioning it briefly in your commit messages.

Check the log files after changes. Log files contain tracebacks....
- for activities see `~/.sugar/default/logs/activity_bundle_id.log`
- for sugar refer to the logs `~/.sugar/default/logs/shell.log`

- you may make changes to a source repository clone in /usr/src/sugar of
Sugar Live Build and then run autogen, "make", and "make install". However,
there are other things you need to take care of. Refer to:
https://github.com/sugarlabs/sugar/blob/master/docs/development-environment.md

Making changes to the Sugar Activities:
Before you make any changes to the source code it is imperative to know how
the activity works without these changes.
While testing lookout for:
- Your code does not make an unintentional change. By that I mean in the
process of solving one issue, you do not create another.
- Design tests and iterate until the tests have sufficient coverage for the
code changes.

As Srevin and James mentioned, there can be more to testing depending on
what part of code you are working on.
I hope our emails help.

Regards,
Jui