[Sugar-devel] GSoC 2021 Contribution

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Sun Jan 10 18:19:16 EST 2021

In addition to what Srevin said ...

Thanks for reading archives.

No, it doesn't mean that there will be no project selected from Sugar.

Inactivity in the Sugar and activity repositories is an indicator of
both source code stability and very few active developers.

For the Sugar project, indications are that we still have two or three
developers with the capacity to mentor.

We will find out for sure after the application is accepted by Google
and we must select capable mentors.

You have time yet to demonstrate your capacity to mentor.

Once GSoC 2021 gets underway, the next threshold is for us to receive
student project proposals that have significant value.

A lot of dominoes must be positioned in the right order and fall in
the right way.

https://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Oversight_Board/Meeting_Minutes-2021-01-06
shows our GSoC organisation administrators this year will be Jui,
Perrie, and Lionel.  Last year was Walter and myself.

On Sat, Jan 09, 2021 at 09:05:28PM +0530, Vishal Bhatane wrote:
> Hi this is vishal, 3rd year student of college of engineering , pune. I'm
> looking forward to contributing to sugarlabs. While going through sugar devel
> archives I found that in one of the emails it is mentioned Sugar has been
> inactive since GSoC 2020. Does that mean In GSoC 2021 there will be no project
> selected from sugar ?

James Cameron
https://quozl.linux.org.au/