[Sugar-devel] WANT TO CONTRIBUTE TO SUGAR LABS FOR GSOC 2021

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Thu Jan 7 18:53:37 EST 2021

Welcom Kunal,

As you know Python and C++, you may be interested in the unmet needs
of the Sugar Toolkit, which has a lot of C code that has not been
maintained for about ten years.

The libraries used by the C code have changed slightly, and some
libraries are also unmaintained.

However, we have nobody who can give proper guidance; otherwise we'd
do it ourselves as it would be more efficient than guiding anybody.

You can find the Sugar Toolkit here;
https://github.com/sugarlabs/sugar-toolkit-gtk3

Most of the C code is in src/sugar3 path, and is arranged as a Python
extension so that Sugar and activities may call it.

On Thu, Jan 07, 2021 at 05:12:46PM +0530, Kunal Tulsidasani wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I hope you all are doing well.
>
> I am Kunal. I live in Jodhpur. I am a 2nd Year CSE B.Tech Student at IIITDM
> Jabalpur. I am good in Python and C++. I really want to contribute to Sugar
> Labs but I am a beginner to open-source. What should I do to begin? I could be
> a really great asset if I get proper guidance.
>
> Regards
> Kunal

James Cameron
https://quozl.linux.org.au/