[Sugar-devel] Question about Criteria of GSoC'21 Ideas

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Wed Feb 3 02:41:55 EST 2021

Some of us know rocket-science.

No, it's all about the mentors.  Do we have coding mentors who have
the skills and willingness; i.e. the capacity to mentor the idea.

Because one of the steps during proposal evaluation is for a mentor to
select a proposal they are willing to mentor.

Remember also that a proposal could be for a project idea that is not
in our list of ideas.  We received several such last year.  We had to
think carefully about whether we could mentor them.

James Cameron
https://quozl.linux.org.au/