[Sugar-devel] How to modify the sugar?

Sourabha G sourabha.project at gmail.com
Sat Apr 17 09:06:32 EDT 2021

Thanks,

> Just curios; how were you making changes to activities before now and
how'd you setup a
> dev environment for that?
    I have set up a development environment using packaged Sugar environment
<https://github.com/sugarlabs/sugar/blob/master/docs/development-environment.md#packaged-sugar>;
I clone the activity, modify it in micro, nano or VSCode and run the
activity from terminal-activity to test. This would work fine as I was
working on Honey activities till now. But now, I wanted to modify Journal
and this method wouldn't work as Journal is a part of Sugar desktop. Now I
realised I need to install live build
<https://github.com/sugarlabs/sugar/blob/master/docs/development-environment.md#sugar-live-build>
for
this.(sorry, I should've read the document properly)