[Sugar-devel] Apply Changes to Sugar live build.

Srevin Saju srevinsaju at sugarlabs.org
Wed Apr 14 12:29:50 EDT 2021

On Wednesday, April 14, 2021 2:36:19 PM +03 Shivam Rai wrote:
> In terminal activity,I changed to super user with su command. Then  cd/ to
> respective directory. Then, vi(command) module.py.
> It opened the module.Switched to insert mode(i). Changed the code. Then
> saved and exit it using (:wq! )
> I confirmed the changes by reopening the module. They are there. But when I
> restarted it the changes were not kept. The module was in its original
> state.

As you mentioned about using the live build, I hope you are aware that the
sugar live build is not persistent. Live ISOs keep their changes only in the
RAM. once they are shutdown, they no longer carry the old changes across,
(unless you have installed the live build to a virtual hard disk ¯\_(ツ)_/¯),
but there is a great possibility that you are running it live from the ISO file
itself.

Cheers.