[Sugar-devel] What are Core activities?

Chihurumnaya Ibiam ibiam at sugarlabs.org
Sat Apr 10 19:49:10 EDT 2021

Hi Shivam,

You can read more about which activities belong where on the taxonomy
<https://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Taxonomy> page of the wiki.

The Fructose set of activities are maintained by Sugar developers while
SOAS and Ubuntu packages can
be maintained by package maintainers from these downstreams, they don't
necessarily need a Sugar developer
to maintain these packages as long as there's a packager who decides to
maintain these packages and the packager
decides what to package and what not to package.

They're no labels in activity repositories that'll make you know which is
packaged for which but the currently packaged
activities in Ubuntu can be found in the pkg-sugar-team
<https://salsa.debian.org/pkg-sugar-team> page and the packages which are
currently defaults in SOAS
can be found in the activity.defaults
<https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/sugar/blob/rawhide/f/activities.defaults>
file of sugar in the fedora package sources.
I hope this helps.

--

Ibiam Chihurumnaya
ibiam at sugarlabs.org