[Sugar-devel] Gradual reorganizing of Music Blocks codebase

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Tue Sep 8 16:34:08 EDT 2020

On Tue, Sep 8, 2020 at 3:57 PM Anindya Kundu <anindyaak007 at gmail.com> wrote:

> We'd definitely need to go back to the drawing board and chalk out the
> plan and the structure, e.g. data flow diagram. With it, I'll come up with
> a list of objectives and create the issue.
>
> Meanwhile, I can help with the dictionary stuff too. Please do let me know
> what I can do.

The current implementation is tied to the block structure, which doesn't
really work (especially for  JavaScript export). I think there should be a
default dictionary for each turtle and that dictionary should auto-populate
with the turtle attributes. You should be able to access the dictionary by
the turtle name (or by default for your own dictionary). This would let us
eliminate most of the Ensemble blocks.

--
Walter Bender
Sugar Labs