[Sugar-devel] Towards ASLOv4 - Sugar Labs Activity Library v4

Srevin Saju srevinsaju at sugarlabs.org
Wed Nov 18 14:50:58 EST 2020

G'day again!

After 7 months of testing, iterations, bug reports, we have finally come
up with ASLOv4, Sugar Labs Activity Library v4.

Thanks to Bernie for helping me out set it up!

So far, we have 3 activities on aslo-v4:

* Browse Activity
* JupyterLabs Activity
* Implode Activity

Things to consider:

* What would be the new sub-domain name? (v4.activities.sugarlabs.org,
activities-4.sugarlabs.org, aslo4.sugarlabs.org)
* Are there are any missing features to add, which have not been
discussed before? (https://github.com/sugarlabs/aslo-v4)

Interesting features

* Improved, accessible user interface
* Lightweight, static web pages
* Written in Python, Vanilla Javascript, HTML and CSS
* Support for Flatpak apps

For an extensive documentation and feature set: see
https://github.com/sugarlabs/aslo-v4

Right now, we are having a dynamic IP address (because of ambiguity in
the assigned slots), its accessible here: http://18.27.196.217,
https://people.sugarlabs.org/~srevinsaju/aslo

Looking forward to hearing from you. Hope, everything is going well, and
safe!

--
Srevin Saju