[Sugar-devel] Sugar Trisquel image Ready for testing.

Chihurumnaya Ibiam ibiamchihurumnaya at gmail.com
Tue Nov 3 07:15:43 EST 2020

On Sat, Oct 31, 2020 at 11:20 AM Martin Guy <martinwguy at gmail.com> wrote:

> > the included activities are:
> >
> > abacus
> > analyzejournal
> > browse
> > calculate
>
> I've been looking at what activities to include in a Sugar Live
> Everything i386 release, but it looks like you've made my task easier.
> Shall I call it Sugar Live Trisqel in honour of the Activity selection
> or do you think that would confuse things?

I think it can be called Trisquel Sugar TOAST live, just to keep with the
trisquel convention.

> Also, if you're OK with me lifting your Acvivity selection, I see I
> need to include lines like
>
>   clone https://github.com/sugarlabs/something    Something.activity
>
> in Sugar Live Build's auto/config file, where "something" is usually
> "something-activity" but not all actiivies follow this convention, so
> do you have to hand a list of the github-name activity-name pairs for
> the Trisqel list, to save me having to pore over github/sugarlabs'
> many pages of activities by hand?

The Sugar Live Build followed the convention of the creator and most of the
activities
are the fructose set, you can also follow the same convention as it's
straightforward and easy.
I see that you've done it manually and I'd love to know what you did.

> I see that sugarlabs-calculator (named in SLB' sucrose set) on github
> redirects to calculator-activity (I guess it was renamed at some
> point). If all activities were to do this (e.g. pippy-activity->Pippy)
> it would be easier to reduce package choices to a succint list.

Yeah I'm guessing the redirect is a github convention as the repo the
activity was forked from was named
sugarlabs-calculate but the forked repo is calculate-activity.

> Thanks again

Ibiam Chihurumnaya
ibiamchihurumnaya at gmail.com