[Sugar-devel] Weekly Progress: Scale Degree vs n^th Modal Pitch

Aviral Gangwar aviralgangwar24 at gmail.com
Sun May 17 20:47:54 EDT 2020

Hello all,

This is a weekly report of my work for the time frame 9/05/20 - 15/05/20.

I had group meetings with Walter, Vaibhav, Sumit, Jaskirat and other Music
Blocks participants, everyday except weekends. This week we finished first
aspect of our ES6 porting. [var-->let conversion]. Moving to arrow
functions still remains.

Meetings mostly included general discussion related to non-trivial issues
and clarification of certain doubts of student developers.

Each group meeting was followed by a meeting with my mentor [ Devin
Ulibarri ], except for Tuesday.
We made significant process on octave calculation issue, entirely revamping
the whole process and are close to resolving it. This should be done by
this the end of this week.

Apart from that, Devin discussed with me several movable and non-movable
systems and a workflow for the summer.

Lastly, I started work, locally, on the implementation of the new scale
degree block, mostly creating the basic pie menus as discussed during our
meetings.

Objective for the upcoming week:

1. Finish with the octave calculation issue.
2. More design thinking on the new scale degree block.
3. Resolve flat/sharp preference issue for some scales.

Thank You

*Aviral Gangwar*