[Sugar-devel] Building+Running on Ubuntu 18

Alan W Szlosek Jr alan.szlosek at gmail.com
Thu May 14 07:20:35 EDT 2020

I've checked out, built and installed sugar (all 4 repos: sugar, datastore,
artwork, toolkit) on Ubuntu 18. But when I log in to sugar I only see a
mouse cursor. I found the following in ~/.sugar/default/logs/shell.log

1589454823.968838 DEBUG root: STARTUP: Starting the shell
Gdk-Message: 07:14:00.578: metacity: Fatal IO error 11 (Resource
temporarily unavailable) on X server :1.

Where do I go from here and how can I help? I had previously installed
sucrose on this machine, so maybe something older is interfering.

Thanks in advance for your guidance. Take care!

--
Alan Szlosek