[Sugar-devel] GSoC 2020

Sumit Srivastava sumitsrisumit at gmail.com
Sun Mar 22 11:33:46 EDT 2020

Hi Ahmad,

Music Blocks is a fork of Turtle Blocks JS, which is a derivative of Turtle
Blocks, which is written in Python.
MB <-- TB JS <-- TB <-- Python
You can export Turtle Blocks code as Python code to directly run via python
interpreter leveraging libraries like GTK.

The aim is to provide similar functionality for Music Blocks. This means
the end result should be that you would be able to export Music Blocks as
JavaScript code that can be run without any external dependencies in the
browser.

PS: I've CC'ed sugar-devel mailing list here, feel free to join the mailing
list to stay in touch about the questions other people in the community are
asking about GSoC.

- Sumit
ᐧ