[Sugar-devel] Problem starting working with browse-activity

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Fri Mar 13 03:30:52 EDT 2020

Welcome Hitesh.

urllib.request is a Python 3 module.

Browse master branch has been ported to Python 3, and requires Sugar
0.116, which in turn includes sugar-activity3.  Browse file
activity/activity.info specifies sugar-activity3.

If you wish to use the Python 2 version of Browse, use the branch
python2.

Work on Browse is best done on the master branch unless you have a
good reason to work on Python 2.  I don't know why you are trying to
work on Browse, so I can't deduce your needs.

On Fri, Mar 13, 2020 at 12:40:09PM +0530, Hitesh Shejwani wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to work on the browse-activity. I cloned the repo on my VM and
> installed sugar for Ubuntu. When I try to start the activity with
> sugar-activity browser.py, it throws an error with traceback
>
> import urllib.request
> ImportError: No module named request
>
> I am using Ubuntu 18.04. I tried using sugar-activity3 but it was not found.

James Cameron
http://quozl.netrek.org/