[Sugar-devel] Contributing through GSOC

shaansubbaiah.cs18 at bmsce.ac.in shaansubbaiah.cs18 at bmsce.ac.in
Mon Mar 9 14:03:37 EDT 2020

 Hi James,
I have tried the other activities and the only the text editor has this issue. I'll download the package source and find out the issue if possible.
BestShaan

    On Monday, March 9, 2020, 3:32:38 AM GMT+5:30, James Cameron <quozl at laptop.org> wrote:

 Thanks Shaan.

In the context of 'Debian advocacy for Sugar' project idea, the
testing is not testing of Sugar, but is testing;

- of Debian experimental release packages,

- of Debian testing release packages,

- of Debian stable release packages,

- of the above in combination with Sugar, Toolkit, activities, and all
  dependencies (such as GTK, Telepathy, and so on),

- of rebuilding with Sugar Live Build,

We might call this integration testing rather than unit testing.  What
is being tested is the work by integrators, or Debian developers.  It
requires knowledge and experience to discern the difference between
problems whose cause is in Sugar, and problems caused by other
packages such as GTK and Telepathy.

Included in the tests should be the major features of the application,
and the collaboration between multiple network instances.

Thanks for the video of moving the Write activity over the display.
Fascinating.  I can reproduce it.  Are any other activities affected?
Can you fix it?

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.netrek.org/