[Sugar-devel] Proposal to move communication to other platform

Alex Perez aperez at alexperez.com
Wed Mar 4 13:14:19 EST 2020

Srevin,
> Srevin Saju <mailto:srevin03 at gmail.com>
> March 4, 2020 at 10:07 AM
> I agree to Prashant. To me Slack seems to be a viable option, and
> indeed popular too. But unfortunately due to historical reasons, we
> might not move to another platform. Nevertheless, it might be of
> interest to other developers in the community
We will not be moving our real-time communication mechanism to Slack, or
any other proprietary chat platform. See my other e-mail for a bit more
of an explanation as to why, or, if you've got 20 minutes, please read
this article:
https://sneak.berlin/20200220/discord-is-not-an-acceptable-choice-for-free-software-projects/

I use slack daily for communications with work colleagues, and don't
hate it, though I wish their stand-alone clients didn't use a shitload
of RAM (they're Electron-based browser apps)