[Sugar-devel] Debian Advocacy for Sugar - Update - 02-June-2020

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Tue Jun 2 16:58:38 EDT 2020

Thanks Shaan.

That's a good test outcome.

Try changing default release to unstable in order to simplify the install step.

Avoid or reduce the testing 117-3 if you can assess the change as not requiring a complete test.  Look at the commits to the Debian package repository to make that assessment, and write down your reasons for next report.

How to communicate is your decision, but if it were me I'd use GitHub markdown in .md files in a project repository (sugar-labs-gsoc-2020-debian-advocacy), and use the `discount` package on Debian or Ubuntu to convert to HTML for mailing, then I'd use `mutt` to send the mail with appropriate MIME type.  For me, my inbound HTML mail is converted to text using `w3m` by `mutt`, so my preference is plain text or markdown.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.netrek.org/