[Sugar-devel] no module named sugar.activity.activity

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Wed Jan 29 04:09:08 EST 2020

Yes, that's an expected traceback.  It is caused because the "Sugar
Toolkit for GTK 2" software is not installed on your computer.

Ubuntu 18.04 does not have a package for this software.  It was
removed in the interval between Ubuntu 16.04 and 18.04, in turn
because other GTK 2 packages were removed.

You can download Ubuntu 16.04 and install Sugar, and this will give
you GTK 2 support for Sugar activities so you can run them before
porting them to GTK 3.

Or you can download OLPC OS 18.04.0 and run it in a VM, and this will
combine Ubuntu 18.04 with GTK 2 support;

	http://wiki.laptop.org/go/18.04.0

We also explain in the native sugar development environment
documentation how to install "Sugar Toolkit for GTK 2" from source
code, but given your experience so far I really do not recommend
trying this.

James Cameron
http://quozl.netrek.org/