[Sugar-devel] Ideal futures for the "I Know" Sugar activities

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Tue Jan 28 14:13:26 EST 2020

On Tue, Jan 28, 2020 at 08:09:00PM +0530, Rahul Bothra wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 28, 2020 at 11:48 AM James Cameron <quozl at laptop.org> wrote:
> >  I'm also not sure how else the activity sources have diverged.
>
> As long as we can achieve the same user experience, I'd recommend
> that we ignore comparing changes made in each of the sources. There
> are better things that a developer's time could go into.

True, but without some cursorary comparison we wouldn't know if we
dropped a feature or bug fix.

> With that said, the best way to ensure we don't skip any portion of
> the experience is to check the source history ;-)

Unfortunately, some of these sources don't have a commit history.

So comparison could be;

- convert line endings,

- autoformatting, (only for the purposes of comparison, as divergence
  in code format or style is a really useful indicator of change or
  mixed authorship),

- recursive diff(1) or visualisation tools like meld.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.netrek.org/