[Sugar-devel] Ideal futures for the "I Know" Sugar activities

Rahul Bothra rrbothra at gmail.com
Mon Jan 27 13:04:35 EST 2020

I'd suggest we should separate out the data and control logic of the
activities, and ship a new generic activity (say "IKnowCountries").
The flow would be,
 * Users download the activity and launch it,
 * User sees a list of all countries for which the data is maintained
 * User clicks on one of the countries,
 * The rest of the flow will be similar as running any activity now

If users prefer having different activities for the set of countries they
are interested in, then
 * Maintain a generic activity "IKnowCountries" on GitHub, having data of
all the countries currently maintained
 * While releasing an activity (say IKnowX), remove data for all countries
except X
The downsides to this are,
 * GitHub release tags can't be used
 * More work while releasing