[Sugar-devel] Mentors needed

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Wed Jan 15 16:48:15 EST 2020

Please help now.

While I'm at linux.conf.au there is unmet need for mentors to respond to students on the Sugar tasks.

Please check the task list for new tasks you are not mentors for, (turn off the "my tasks" slider button in the task list), and add yourself as mentor.

Please check for pull requests on GitHub owned by the students you know of.  Some pull requests are not in the sugarlabs organisation; this is normal.

Please check the GCI timeline; there's only a few days left.

On the other hand, if your circumstances have changed and you can't provide the mentoring, let Walter and Ibiam know so you can be removed from the list.  Otherwise I'm sure Google's analysis after the event will classify you as inactive.

--

<Student> @Quozl, sorry for this private message. I have a quite number of tasks for your review, but unfortunately, none of other mentors have been looking into my tasks, I have *-activity, *-activity, *-activity, and some other minor tasks left to be reviewed. As you are away right now, what would be your suggestion regarding this. Thanks :)

<Quozl> Urgently contact the other mentors; they are responsible for answering.  Do it by assigning to the task instance and writing a comment, once per six hours, until there is an answer.  I was afraid this would happen.  I had done too much work, set myself in front of everyone, and so everyone else has drawn back.  Sugar Labs is not very good at collective action.  You have to push them.  Ok?

<Student> Thanks for the reply @Quozl, Yes, In most of the task instances, you and chimosky are assigned as mentors, and other mentors keep telling there is too little time for them. I have started asssigning reviewers as Rahul Bothra, Martin, Walter and others. Idk if they would reply.  Ok, i will try doing as what you have said. thanks for your suggestion :)

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.netrek.org/