[Sugar-devel] Port to Gtk3: Gdk.Image error

Abhishek Tanwar abhishektanwar184 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 8 16:57:10 EST 2020

I am porting BOUNCE ACTIVITY (https://github.com/sugarlabs/Bounce) to
Gtk +3 and I have ported it to some extent but I am stuck at a point where
I am not able to find a solution.

Here is the link to my repository for BOUNCE activity :
https://github.com/abhishektanwar/Bounce

I know that Gdk.Image is no more supported in Gdk3 and I have to use Cairo
or Pixbuf but can't figure out how to convert it to Cairo.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/share/sugar/activities/Bounce.activity/bounce.py", line 1634,
in on_drawarea_expose
    self.on_drawarea_resize()
  File "/usr/share/sugar/activities/Bounce.activity/bounce.py", line 1623,
in on_drawarea_resize
    self.drawimage = Gdk.Image(Gdk.IMAGE_FASTEST, Gdk.visual_get_system(),
rect.width, rect.height)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gi/overrides/_init.py", line 39,
in __getattr_
    return getattr(self._introspection_module, name)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gi/module.py", line 139, in
_getattr_
    self._name_, name))
AttributeError: 'gi.repository.Gdk' object has no attribute 'Image'