[Sugar-devel] New Trisquel Sugar Live version

Martin Guy martinwguy at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 08:43:01 EST 2020

On 15/12/2020, James Cameron <quozl at laptop.org> wrote:
> Original decision to do so was based on risk of having kids come back
> to their teachers with non-working laptops.

Well, that's not a problem with a Live System. I love them also
because they cannot break unless the medium gets physical damage!

Like I say in the bug report, since we already expose them to Pippy,
Develop and the serpent, I don't think the Unix command line will do
them much more harm :)

> Martin should consider making Terminal visible there.
>
> The file to patch during install or boot is
> sugar:data/activities.hidden
> which is usually installed at /usr/src/sugar/data/activities.hidden

Thanks, I've put that on my list...

> As upstream, I see insufficient justification to adopt this change for
> Sugar.

Good-o. Log as well, just to frighten them even more? :)