[Sugar-devel] New Activity Proposal

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Mon Apr 6 17:40:05 EDT 2020

We have a Sugar activity for Mancala, written in Python.

https://github.com/sugarlabs/mancala-activity

License is GPLv3+, but Peter Hewitt has delegated an authority to me
to relicense his activities as we require.  Sugarizer activities use a
different license in order to maximise distribution.

Please do include Sugar as a platform for your JavaScript activity.

On Tue, Apr 07, 2020 at 02:11:21AM +0530, Abhishek Tanwar wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have been searching for games that could help the children to develop their
> brains and work in teams as well to incorporate the values of a good team
> player.
>
> Mancala(or Mangala) is one such game that I came across. [1]https://
> en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mancala
> [2]https://mancala.playdrift.com/
> Mancala on sugarizer can be played between computer vs player , player vs
> player (offline ),player vs player (online using presence).
> I think this could be a good addition to sugarizer for children of age 6 and
> above.
> I want to make this game for sugarizer and would like the community to share
> feedback on this if it would be good addition.
>
> Thank You

> [1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mancala
> [2] https://mancala.playdrift.com/

James Cameron