[Sugar-devel] Activity Idea for Sugarizer

Utkarsh Raj Singh u.rajsingh2503 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 5 06:55:44 EDT 2020

Hello,

I am a part of a team which is undergoing training in pedagogy for primary
and secondary school children. In the classes for Introductory Mathematical
Thinking, we teach flowcharts to students. The basic elements like start,
stop, process, user I/O and diamond boxes, along with conditionals and
looping constructs are taught to them, without explicitly telling them
about the fine intricacies.

As a result, the students learn to apply algorithmic thinking to questions,
which we value as an essential skill in problem solving in various domains.
The students quickly pick up the basic syntax for flowcharts and are
usually creative in making them for mathematical as well as everyday tasks.

So could we make a similar activity for Sugarizer? We are already working
on a prototype for a JS version for the team and teaching. I believe it
will be a great addition to the Sugarizer set. Let me know your thoughts.
If yes, I can share the feature set and what exactly I propose to build.

Stay safe,
Regards,
Utkarsh