[Sugar-devel] [Announcement] Sugarizer v1.2 is available for your device
lionel.laske at gmail.com
Fri Sep 27 06:02:50 EDT 2019
I'm proud to announce the version 1.2 of Sugarizer, the leading learning
platform for children.
New in this version:
- Write activity: The famous Sugar word processor with a simple
interface for children to let them write story, poem or essay. Also
supports inserting images, performing basic layout operations and
generating PDF, ODT or DOC files.
- Constellation activity: Constellation is a great offline planetarium
that lets you see what is visible in the sky from any location on Earth.
- Pomodoro activity: A nice countdown activity used to break down work
into intervals separated by short breaks.
- Improved Scratch activity: Scratch activity is now up to date with
official Scratch v3.3. It support localization and could work fully in
- Improved Exerciser activity: The Exerciser activity now support multimedia
(image, sound, video and speech to text) for questions/answers. Three new
templates are included and a new detailed view of result is proposed.
- Unlimited Journal storage: Do not ask if you've got enough room in the
Journal, its size is now only limited by your disk space.
- Abecedarium database everywhere: Lack of inspiration when you want to
create content into activities? The insert from Journal popup now allow to
browse and insert more than 1000 images/sounds coming from the Abecedarium
- Extended file format support: More than 6 new file formats are now
supported in Journal: PDF,TXT,DOC,ODT,MP3 and MP4.
- Flash your QRCode to login: Don't remember the URL of your server?
Just scan its QRCode and you could more easily login to your account.
- Improved stability: more than 40 fix and update on Sugarizer and
A short animation of these features is visible here:
More than 1000 children use Sugarizer in schools today. Why not your
Sugarizer 1.2 is available on your browser  but also for your Android,
iOS, Linux, MacOS or Windows device. Download it from : Google Play ,
Amazon Store , Apple Store , F-droid , snapcraft  and if you
don't like stores, you could also install it by yourself using instructions
on the Sugarizer website .
On Android, Sugarizer could also replace your launcher with Sugarizer OS
And if you want to deploy Sugarizer Server for your school, follow
instructions here .
P.S.: Special thanks for their contribution on this version to Ashish
Aggarval and Michaël Ohayon (Write activity), Avinash Agarwal (Exerciser
activity), Andrea Gonzales (Constellation activity), Sanatan (Pomodoro
activity) and to all GSoC students.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Sugar-devel