[Sugar-devel] [SoaS] Sugar on Fedora 31

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Fri Oct 18 05:56:32 EDT 2019

Thanks.  Tested on the OLPC Infinity and also QEMU.  No great
surprises.  Seems ready for release.  Summary of observations;

- it's Sugar 0.114, obsolete now,

- default microphone level is really low,

- the Moon activity is surprisingly and repeatedly sluggish to start,
  leaving two blank rectangles on screen, with no useful log output;
  it's a JavaScript activity, and that may be significant,

- the Write activity has the severe AbiWord flicker problem reported
  in 2016, fixed upstream by AbiWord in June 2018; but I guess it
  hasn't made it into Fedora 31 yet,

- wireless scan results disappear from the network view totally, then
  if you disconnect from ad-hoc they come back again,

- collaboration does not work; as tested with Chat activity, which may
  relate to sugar-toolkit-gtk3:88ea8e1 and other collaboration fixes
  that have made it into Sugar 0.116.

On Fri, Oct 18, 2019 at 09:10:08AM +0100, Peter Robinson wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Just a reminder we're in final freeze for Fedora 31, I'm assuming
> people are testing it.
>
> Just a reminder you can get the latest nightly composes here:
> https://kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org/compose/branched/latest-Fedora-31/compose/Spins/x86_64/iso/
> https://kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org/compose/branched/latest-Fedora-31/compose/Spins/armhfp/images/
>
> We have slipped a week so if there's fixes needed we basically need
> them by Monday.
>
> Peter

James Cameron
http://quozl.netrek.org/