[Sugar-devel] [RELEASE] Sugar Live Build 20191002 with Sugar 0.116 and Python 3

D. Joe sugarlabs at etrumeus.com
Fri Oct 4 06:35:55 EDT 2019

On Wed, Oct 02, 2019 at 05:34:05PM +1000, James Cameron wrote:
> Announcing Sugar Live Build with Sugar 0.116 and the Fructose activity
> set, ported to Python 3.

Wonderful news.

I've booted it in kvm on Ubuntu 16.04 and Ubuntu 18.04 machines successfully yesterday and have begun to explore and test.

One direction I've chosen to take is to try to come up with an environment in which I can build from a clone of

https://github.com/sugarlabs/sugar-live-build

what seems to be working so far is yet another chroot layer (Debian buster) on my Ubuntu 18.04 system, which I leave awake and to which I have attached sufficient disk space not to worry it'll choke on successive parallel attempts to rebuild everything from scratch.

--
Joe