[Sugar-devel] Launch an activity from inside an activity (Dashboard)

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Fri May 31 16:51:31 EDT 2019

On Fri, May 31, 2019 at 06:46:13PM +0530, Hrishi Patel wrote:
> Hello,
> I am using a datastore query to populate Journal entries inside a
> treeview. I found out a way to launch the activity by using
> "object_id"s but for most of the entries, it will launch a write
> activity in which what I see looks like a JSON object with different
> parameters. I am using jarabe.journal.bundlelauncher.launch_bundle
> for this. Is there any other way I can launch activities?

We normally use launch_bundle from sugar3 rather than jarabe, because
of the different underlying implementation.  Recent disussion in the
context of the Terminal activity, with Swarup on Tuesday.

http://lists.sugarlabs.org/archive/sugar-devel/2019-May/056944.html

Also, please be involved in other work; you might add the activities
to your GitHub watchlist, or we could add you to sugarlabs People.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.netrek.org/