[Sugar-devel] first-time only issues

Amaan Iqbal amaaniqbal2786 at gmail.com
Thu May 2 23:35:07 EDT 2019

I have a suggestion here. We may create some issues with beginner labels,
such that solving it may not be really helpful to us at first, but it can
give insights of the code base to the new contributors.

For instance, an issue for trying new color palette for our SugarLabs
website. Or an issue for trying different border radius, color to a section
of any activity  etc.

These may be useful in the long run especially if a new contributor can
come up with something out of the box. Or atleast it will help them get
familiar to our code base.

These can be marked as 'reserved for beginners'. Some examples of these
issue can be
* Try color palette ABC to our website
* Try color palette EFG to our website
* Change the border radius of xyz element to make it look better
* Update padding/look of xyz section of abc activity
* Come up with 2 instances of redundant codes in xyz repo of SugarLabs
* Come up with the idea of 2 features improvement for xyz repo
* Come up with an idea to implement xyz functionality
* Minimize console errors of abc activity

I guess some of these would be interesting to the user even if they don't
know how to code. It will definitely help in attracting a good number of
new contributors.

Also, it would not affect the development time of the experienced
contributors since these issues would not require deep understanding of the
code base or any skill.

Thanks,
Amaan