[Sugar-devel] Regarding port to python 3 project

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Wed Mar 27 01:12:15 EDT 2019

Port to Python 3 for gwebsockets was done in 2014, in commit 71e1e27.
As part of releasing, someone will have to test it, fix it, and
iterate.

However, as gwebsockets is a dependency of Sugar, Sugar itself can be
iterated over at the same time.  See the python3 branch of sugar.

We don't have a regular release schedule for gwebsockets as we lost
the maintainer.

On Tue, Mar 26, 2019 at 09:37:03PM +0530, aniket mathur wrote:
> Are gwebsockets made fully compatible with python 3 and just needs a release or
> some porting work is still needed to be done before a release.

James Cameron
http://quozl.netrek.org/