[Sugar-devel] Activity

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Sun Mar 24 20:41:36 EDT 2019

Yes, the Sugar cursor affects the GNOME desktop environment.

This is caused by
https://github.com/sugarlabs/sugar/blob/master/src/jarabe/main.py#L205
where the GNOME desktop cursor theme is changed to the Sugar theme.

Workaround is to use gsettings to change cursor-theme in
org.gnome.desktop.interface back to what it was.  Yes, you can use
dconf to reset all settings, but that has many side-effects.

If this problem bothers anyone who wants to fix it, the fix I'm
interested in seeing is;

* read the value of cursor-theme before changing it in the
  _start_window_manager function,

* keep the Gio.Settings instance instead of deleting at end of the
  _start_window_manager function,

* restore the old value in the _stop_window_manager function.

This should fix the problem for future users.

James Cameron
http://quozl.netrek.org/